Tuesday, July 21, 2015

The Beginning of Week 4

Week 4 started with more framing, the tresses being installed (that was really awesome to watch), the decorative roof peaks being started, and the roof being boarded up and gotten ready for shingles.

9:00 in the morning

They were already hard at work Monday morning when I headed down to the house around 9. They were working on framing and waiting for the crane to arrive so they could get the tresses on the house.

So excited!
 The crane came around 10:00 in the morning. I saw it drive past our house (where we currently live) and so I threw on some shoes and headed down to get some pictures. Have I mentioned how much I love living right next to where we are building!

Crane getting ready
 The crane is getting ready to lift the tress up to the roof of the house!

There she goes
 Still amazed that I got to witness this first hand! The first tress going on the house!

And now they nail it down
 The guys nailing and strapping the tress down to the house.

At around Noon
 When I went back down to the house around Noon the crane was gone and all the tresses were on the house.

Decorative front
 They were also working on getting the decorative fronts on the house.

At around 3:00 in the afternoon
 When I went back down at 3:00 p.m. they were working on sheeting the roof (not sure if that is the correct term). This is the master bedroom side of the house.

Kid's side of the house
 They were working on both sides of the house at the same time! I kind of wonder if they race to the top! I know I would!

6:00 Monday night
 And here is how the house looked at the end of the work day on Monday. Not quite done but pretty close!

Decorative fronts done
 They didn't get the roof done but they did get the fronts on our decorative peaks.

Almost done with the other side too
 Looks like they almost finished this side too before they stopped for the day. Hopefully they will get it all done tomorrow!

Arch in the foyer
 This is the arch that is in the foyer. I love my arches!

Large Arch and a smaller arch
 The large arch will lead into the family room and the smaller arch (on the right) leads into the kitchen

Arch leading into Delaney's area
 There is an arch that leads into Delaney's Suite. It is her hallway, linen closet, bathroom and bedroom. It comes off the family room and is completely separate from all the other bedrooms and bathrooms. She will have lots of privacy!

Arch into Master Bedroom Suite
 This is the arch that leads into the master bedroom suite. Which is a hallway, a niche (in the wall), the bedroom, bathroom, and master closet. It comes off the eat-in-kitchen and is on the opposite side of the house from the kid's bedrooms and bathrooms.

Large Arch
 This picture was taken standing in the family room looking toward the front door.

Kitchen Peninsula
 They framed out my kitchen peninsula too. I was so excited when I saw this, I did a little happy dance! This picture was taken from the living room looking into the kitchen.

Kitchen peninsula
 Here is the peninsula taken from inside the kitchen looking toward the family room. I LOVE IT!

Master bathroom shower
 They also framed out the master bathroom shower. I love my shower too!

It is really starting to look like OUR HOME! I get more and more excited every day! I have no idea how I'm going to make it to September!

No comments:

Post a Comment