Saturday, January 9, 2016

The Foyer (A New House Update)

I love my house and I love my Foyer! I have BIG dreams for my foyer and in my mind I know pretty much exactly what I want it to look like when I finish with it! This is both good and bad.

It's good because I have a vision!

It's bad because I have a vision!

I have specific things that I want and while it's good to know what you want it can be very very frustrating when you cannot find what you want!

I LOVE this pictures so much!

I found this amazing picture at Kirkland's! Don't you just love it! And I knew the second I saw it that it would look amazing in my foyer! It is what started my vision!

LOVE this rug so much!

And then I found this rug and I loved it! I knew that it would fit the space perfectly and that it would help tie in the outside of the house with the inside of the house. (I found it at Kohl's) 

So now I had my picture and my rug. I needed a table. And here is where my vision became a HUGE problem! I could see the table in my head and I wanted it. PROBLEM: I could not find the table in my head at any store in the real world!

The table in my head was white (or some variation of white), it had at least one drawer and at least two shelves. It was at least 30-inch tall and could be no more than 45-inches wide (that's how long my wall is). It was perfect and I wanted it!

TWO MONTHS! That is how long I looked for it. And I was just about to give up and settle for something else. When I found it! It was perfect and I LOVED it!

Better than I imagined!

I found it at Wayfair (on line) but since I had never ordered furniture on-line before I was very nervous. I should not have been. The table is perfect and while it did need to be assembled the directions were easy to follow and the table was put together in less than 20 minutes!

Now I am on a quest to find the perfect lamp and some picture frames to set on my table and I also want to paint the room and I have a few more ideas of things that I want for the other walls!

I had no idea that decorating could be so much fun or take so long!

No comments:

Post a Comment