Monday, January 11, 2016

My New Year Starts Today!

Happy New Year

I realize that most of the world started their New Year 11 days ago, but I'm a rebel!

Okay, not really but we had company coming from Ohio on January 2nd and staying until January 8th and in the middle of that time we had planned a 3 day mini-Disney vacation. So I knew that starting my New Year on January 1st and then stopping all my plans/goals on the second and not picking them back up again until the eighth was just not going to work for me.

So I put my New Year on hold until now.

My New Year goals/plans/dreams will start on January 11th instead of January 1. And I'm okay with that because one of the things that I want to work on this year is GRACE!

Grace for myself, my children, my husband, my family, and my friends. I may even try and push myself beyond my own expectations and offer grace to the people in my life who really need it (those that I have removed their labels). But let's not get crazy before the year has even started and give myself a goal that feels impossible right now.

I will begin the New Year with grace for myself and forgive/understand why I didn't start on the first and jump in where I am with what I have. No looking back, no doubting, no wishing I had done it different!

Here is a quick re-cap of what my goals/plans are for the New Year:

Meals on the table at the same time everyday Monday - Friday!
And a semi-consistent meal time on the weekends! You can read why this is a priority for me here

Take at least one picture a day

Find at least one thing to be thankful for every single day

Do something from one of my Pinterest boards every day!

Set up a weekly blog plan and stick with it! This is a HUGE priority for me and one that I want to have finished by the end of this week.

I have lots of other goals/plans for the year (and you can read about them here) but these are the ones that I am planning on working on this week.

Did you start your goals on the first? How are you doing? If your not doing as well as you hoped give yourself some GRACE and choose January 11 as a re-start date for your New Year and join me in being a rebel!

No comments:

Post a Comment