Wednesday, February 5, 2014

How Do You Forgive Them?

Someone that I loved hurt me!
Not just me but my entire family.
They took things from us!
They took money, trust, friendship and security from us.
They betrayed us.
They lied to us.
AND WE WERE (ARE) DEVASTATED)!

And now we are trying to forgive them.
We are trying to not hold a grudge.
We are trying to pray for them.
We are trying to love them again.
AND WE ARE FAILING!

I know the Bible calls me to forgive them.
I know Jesus has forgiven me for so much worse.
I know that I am expected to love them.
I know that I am to bless them.
BUT I DON'T KNOW HOW!

So I pray.
I read my Bible.
I go to church and ask God to speak to my hurting, unforgiving heart.
AND I WAIT! Because I really don't know what else to do. 


No comments:

Post a Comment