Monday, February 3, 2014

Baked Hasselback Potatoes

Baked Hasselback Potatoes (adapted from Chicho's Kitchen)

5 medium potatoes, scrubbed but leave the skin on
8 cloves of garlic 
6 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon paprika
4 tablespoons Grated Parmesan cheese
(I doubled the garlic mixture because I did not feel like there were was enough for the potatoes, I changed the recipe to show the doubled amounts)

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.

Slice each potato crosswise at 1/8-inch intervals, cutting to within 1/4 inch of the bottom. Be careful not to slice all the way through. The potato will fan out a bit as it bakes.

Combine olive oil, garlic, salt, smoked paprika and Parmesan cheese in a small bowl.

Lay the potatoes on a baking sheet (I used one of my baking stones). Carefully insert pinches of the garlic mixture in between the slits of the potatoes (this is really important. I did not take my time and make sure that I got some of the mixture in between each slice and I really needed to). Rub the outside of the potatoes with the residual mixture.

Bake for about 40 to 45 minutes. The inside should be cooked through and the outside of the potatoes should be a bit crispy.










No comments:

Post a Comment