Saturday, December 5, 2015

Front Door PERFECTION! (A New House Update)

Front Door

 I never ever would have guessed that shopping could be so much fun! Or that it would take me over a week to pick out a doormat for our front door. I mean come on, it is just a doormat. You know that thing that people wipe their dirty shoes on before they come into the house.

I have discovered that it takes me a long time to pick out and decide on anything for the new house. I have been looking for a table to put in the foyer for over 2 months and still have not bought one because I cannot find the PERFECT one! I may have crossed over to the dark side of this whole decorating thing.

Doormat I designed
 I actually ended up designing the doormat myself from a place I found on-line. I am not going to give out the website because I was actually quite disappointed in not only the company but also the product. It took well over 2 months for the mat to arrive (they claim it was lost in shipment - even though I never got a shipment notification) and then when it did arrive we noticed that the material is quite cheap (even though the mat was over fifty dollars). I do love the design but I am quite certain that I will need to buy a new mat in less than a year!

My favorite!

The decal for the the front door took me over 2 weeks to pick out because I was looking for the perfect one! And I am happy to say that I found it! I found it on Etsy. And I must confess I have become highly addicted to this website! So many great things that I want need! I bought the decal from this store. They were extremely helpful and answered all of my many questions immediately and shipped out my item the same day that I bought it! I already have my eye on a few of their other products!

I do still want to get a wreath but I am thinking I may make it myself from one of the many ideas I have pinned on Pinterest!

So what do you think? 

4 comments:

  1. I love your front door! I would have never thought to put a decal on the door. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I cannot take credit for the idea though our neighbor down the street did it first. Hers says "Hello"! It is really cute!

      Delete
  2. Oh. Haha. Well I really like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I do too (am I allowed to say that?)! I want to get one for the inside of the door that says "Good-Bye." I will of course post pictures if I do!

      Delete