Friday, January 10, 2014

Baked Oatmeal


We call this "Oat Bread" in our house and when the kids find out I'm making it their screams wake the neighbors.

It is a quick and easy breakfast! Probably not the healthiest thing to fix (which is why I do not make it that often) but for special occasions and just a fun treat it cannot be beat.

Now I will say that my husband does not like this recipe. He thinks that it is way too sweet to start the day with. And so I have experimented with using the leftovers as a dessert.


Baked Oatmeal

1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs
2 teaspoons baking powder
3 cups oatmeal (I use instant)
1 cup milk
Any mix-ins that you want (I typically make this sweet, using nuts, chocolate chips, M&M's, things like that)

Mix all ingredients together and bake in a greased 9" x 13" pan at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.


 You can make this recipe "healthier" but replacing the chocolate and candies with nuts and fruits. But I am pretty sure my children would run away from home if I did that!



UPDATED: I experimented this morning and I was able to get this mixed up and ready to go into the oven before the oven preheated! So I would say that it is a super quick "special" breakfast!
I made Smores Oat Bread this morning! I mixed in mini-marshmallows and some semi-sweet chocolate chunks. It was very good and the kid's loved it! 
 





Shared with:
Saturday Night Fever Recipe Link Party

No comments:

Post a Comment