Thursday, January 2, 2014

Homemade Garlic Herb Bread

Pretty Garlic Herb Braid
This is one of our favorite garlic breads. I love that, thanks to my bread machine, this recipe is quick and easy. I also love that it makes a big enough loaf that we have leftovers (that are just as good the next day), which does not happen very often around here with any kind of food but especially not bread.I also love that it is pretty! I'm a girlie girl and pretty things make me happy!

My husband and my children love the taste! That's it just the taste. But since it's food I guess that is all that really matters (at least to them).

Homemade Garlic Herb Braid (adapted from Taste of Home)

1/2 cup water
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 egg
3/4 cup whole milk
2 teaspoons dried basil
2 teaspoons dill weed
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon minced onion, I use the kind you find in the spice isle
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic, again I use the kind found in the spice isle
4 to 4 1/2 cups bread flour
3 heaping tablespoons sugar
4 1/2 teaspoons yeast
1 to 2 tablespoons butter, melted


In a bread machine add water, 1/4 cup butter (melted), egg, milk, all the spices. Then add your flour to create a barrier between your wet ingredientes and your dry ingredients. Then add your sugar and yeast.

You are going to want the bread machine to knead the dough for about 10 minutes and then you are going to want it to rest for about 10 minutes.




Then you will divide the dough into thirds. Shape each piece into a 15-inch rope. Place ropes on a greased baking sheet (I use an ungreased baking stone) and braid; pinch ends to seal and tuck under. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 25 to 30 minutes.

Bake at 375 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Brush with 1 to 2 tablespoons melted butter. Move to a wire rack to cool.

1 comment:

  1. Hi :) I found your blog today, and I loved it! I also loved this garlic bread :) it looks so yummy!
    Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete