Wednesday, July 22, 2015

20 Minute Teriyaki Chicken and Rice

This is the second time I have made this dinner and we all love it. It tastes amazing and it's SUPER QUICK!

It is a great easy recipe! That uses basic ingredients that almost everyone should have on hand!

20 Minute Teriyaki Chicken and Rice

Print Recipe

20 Minute Teriyaki Chicken & Rice

Since I don't have a rice cooker I made this in a pot on the stove.

I used boneless breasts this time and last time I used boneless thighs. I think next time I will try it with both! 


Ingredients

  • 3 - 4 pieces Pre-Cooked Chicken
  • 3 cups Rice
  • 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
  • 1/4 cup Soy Sauce
  • 3 Tbsp Ketchup
  • 1/4 cup water
  • enough water added to sauce ingredients to equal 3 cups

Directions

In a bowl, mix brown sugar, soy sauce, water and ketchup. Stir until well blended.

You may want to adjust the amount of rice you make based on your family but I made 3 cups of instant rice to feed my family.

So for 3 cups of rice I need 3 cups of liquid so I simply add water to the above ingredients until I have 3 cups of liquid.

Put the liquid into the pan and then stir in my rice. I turn the burner on high and wait for the liquid to begin to boil. Stir the rice, put a lid on the pan, and turn the heat off. I leave the pan on the burner and then finish up dinner.

Once I'm ready to serve, I fluff the rice with a fork and add it to the pan of chicken that I have re-heated on the stove with a 1/4 cup of butter.

Powered by
Plan To Eat

No comments:

Post a Comment