Monday, July 20, 2015

The End of Week Three (OH What A Difference A Week Makes)

Week 3 has officially ended and it was the most exciting week so far with the most visible progress. Things are moving along so well and getting done so quickly that I am praying our close date will be moved up to around the middle of September instead of the end (which is what we are being told now). Of course we won't get a "real" completion date until after our pre-drywall meeting. Which I am still hopeful will happen by the end of this month.

End of Week 2
This is how we started week 3. A big huge slab of concrete and some plumbing.

On Tuesday we got walls
By Tuesday evening the house was "blocked" and we had walls!

Framing has begun!
And by Friday framing had begun! It's starting to look like a real house! A real HOME! with rooms, and stuff! And just encase I have not mentioned it in the last few days I LOVE MY HOME!

9:00 a.m. on Friday Morning
This was taken at 9:00 in the morning on Friday. They guys are just starting to work on the framing.

Noon on Friday
I took this picture around Noon on Friday. The kid's side of the house (the left side) appeared to be almost all the way framed.

Kid's side of the house
A better picture of the progress on the kid's side of the house. The worker's were eating their lunch when I took this picture. And yes, I'm well aware that they probably all think I'm CRAZY!

At around 4:00 in the afternoon
I took this picture around 4:00 p.m. (still on Friday) and it appears that they are finishing up the framing on the master bedroom side of the house.

6:00 on Friday night

I went back down to the house (can't really call it The Land anymore, since there is more house than land now) at 6:00 and the guys had gone home for the night.

This picture was taken from the right corner of the house standing in the garage. I know it looks like a mess of wood but trust me in this picture is the master bedroom closet, the laundry room, the garage storage room, and part of my office.

Standing at the front door
This picture was taken on the front porch facing where one day a front door will be. As you can see when you walk into the finished house you will be able to see all the way from the front door to the big window in the family room. I love that window and I love the openness of the house.

Looking from the window to the door
And in this picture you are looking from the BIG window in the family room toward the front door.

Some of our arches
These are some of the arches that will go above the doors in the house. I love my arches.

One of the big arches
This is one of the big arches that will be above one of the doorways in the house.

My favorite room
And here is a picture of what I am sure will be my favorite room in the house. My Gourmet kitchen! I found out thanks to our PM that the gray line coming up through the floor that I thought was the water line for the refrigerator is actually the power line for my island. OOPPSS! The water line for the refrigerator is actually fed off the water line in the master bathroom. So the gray line in the middle of the picture is where my island will be and the white pipe in the picture is where my kitchen sink will be.

This week should be another HUGE week for the house. They should be coming sometime (please let it be Monday) to put the tresses on the roof and then they will finish up the framing and hopefully by Friday the Trades will be here and working hard. The trades are electrical, plumbing, and HVAC.

We are continuing to pray for good weather and that nothing slows down the amazing progress that they have been making!






No comments:

Post a Comment