Thursday, July 30, 2015

Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

I made these muffins on Saturday as a special treat for the kids. This was the first time I had made them and they were very good! I do have a few things that I will be doing different next time (don't I always). But overall this is a great recipe and fine as is.

The recipe says that these can be frozen and so the next time I make them I will be freezing a few to see how the flavor and texture hold up after being frozen. I would have tried that this time but I made BIG muffins instead of regular sized (my regular muffin tin was dirty - keeping it real) and the recipe only made 6 so there were none left to freeze. 6 muffins + 5 people = Only Crumbs

Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
Print Recipe

Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins



Course: Breakfast

Ingredients

  • 1 1/2 cups flour
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup Miracle Whip
  • 3 ripe bananas mashed
  • Chocolate chips and/or nuts (I used mini chocolate chips)

Directions

Mix dry ingredients together. Beat egg in a small bowl. Stir in the mayo. Add to the flour mixture. Stir until just moistened. Stir in bananas.
Spoon batter into 12 greased or paper-lined muffin tins. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and/or nuts.
Bake in a preheated oven at 375 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
Makes 12 muffins. Freezer-friendly.

Powered by
Plan To Eat


The Verdict: I will be making these again. Next time I will be adding both nuts and mini chocolate chips. I also will be making "normal" size muffins instead of Jumbo size. And I will be freezing a few of them to see how they hold up to being frozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment