Friday, July 17, 2015

My New Cookbook! Stay Tuned for Recipes and Reviews

A few weeks ago hubby and I celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary. 20 years together that is kind of a big deal! And as we have done with every holiday since Christmas we looked at each other and said, "Happy ___________ (insert holiday here) I got you a house!"

But since it was 20 years and 20 years is a long time. We actually did splurge a little. We took the kids and went out for a nice dinner the day before (because Micah was working both jobs on our actual anniversary) and spent the day wandering around the Florida Mall (which is a great mall that I really should do a blog post about).

No gifts, no cards, no flowers or candy. And I was okay with that, I really was. I mean after all in just a few short months I'm going to be living in my dream home and he can make it up to me then by buying me pretty curtains, and a china hutch, and a theater room, and a living room set, and a pool, and a customized welcome mat, and well you get the picture. I got a long list of things our new home is gonna need!

But my dear sweet husband was not okay with letting 20 years go by without a gift of some kind. He really does spoil me (when I let him). And so he bought me a cookbook that I have had my eye on for about 3 years.

Let me stop here and give you a little bit of background. I'm a little obsessed with cookbooks. Like, I have over 400 of them. I used to collect them. I love them. I keep them all in nice little boxes (okay they are just regular old boxes that I got one of the many times we have moved). But because of Pinterest I don't think I have used but 3 or 4 of them in years. And so I don't buy them anymore. I still want them, I still drool over them, I still pin them on my Cookbook Pinterest board. But I don't buy them. I'm so proud of me!

As I mentioned though I had been WANTING/NEEDING this cookbook for years and so when I saw that Sam's Club had it and that it was a pretty good deal. I mentioned it to Micah and told him I wanted it. And then as I tend to do with anything, I put it in my cart and then took it back out. No fewer than 3 times over the course of the last month.

But Wednesday when we went to Sam's Club for milk and chicken, Micah put the cookbook in the cart and it came home with me!

And what you may ask was the object of my affection for so very long that has finally made it's way to my cookbook holder and will now be the answer to all of my "What's For Dinner?" problems......

It's Mine All Mine!


No comments:

Post a Comment