Tuesday, July 14, 2015

We Have Blocks (Lots and Lots of Blocks)

We began week 3 yesterday and I was disappointed in the progress that was made. Very Disappointed! It seems that our delay with pouring the slab will be felt for awhile.

The "plan" was to start blocking the walls on Monday, instead all that happened yesterday was lots and lots of deliveries to the land of the supplies that will be needed for the walls. I am praying that they will actually block the walls today. According to our PM, blocking takes one day and then it has to cure before they can start the framing. The original plan was to start the framing on Friday, but now I'm not sure if that will happen or if it will be next Monday before we begin framing.

Framing is supposed to take about a week and then the "trades" (plumbers, electricians, HVAC) come in and start their work. This usually takes about another week and then we would have our pre-drywall meeting. We were really hoping to have that meeting before the end of July but I'm not sure that is going to happen now.

The supplies needed for blocking
Some of the block was delivered yesterday morning along with bags of cement, piles of sand, and our very own dumpster!


Bring on the walls!
 I did not get a picture at the end of the day, with all the block delivered, I was just so frustrated that we were being delayed again that I never made it back down with a camera.

Looks like a construction zone
The Land now looks like a full blown construction zone and I couldn't be happier! Progress people, progress!

BTW: at the time of publishing they are down at the land busily putting up our walls so I am much happier today!

No comments:

Post a Comment