Monday, July 6, 2015

Simple Pancakes

We had a fantastic 4th of July weekend. Low key and relaxing! We made no plans and didn't really do much of anything. Because of the strict budget we are on (due to the house) I kept the menu simple and frugal. I plan on having a much GRANDER Independence Day celebration next year in our Port Jubilee!

We had planned on going to a pancake breakfast on the 4th but after talking to some of our neighbors we decided against it. The price seemed a little high (5 dollars per adult) and a few hinted that the food might not have been worth the cost. So I decided to whip up our own pancake breakfast that cost less than 5 dollars for the whole thing and there was no doubt that the food would be good!

Simple Pancakes


Print Recipe

Simple Pancakes



Course: Breakfast

Ingredients

  • 2 egg
  • 1 1/2 cups milk
  • 4 tablespoons butter melted
  • 2 cups flour
  • 2 tablespoon sugar
  • 6 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt

Directions

Beat eggs until fluffy. Add milk and melted margarine. Add dry ingredients and mix well. I cook my pancakes on a griddle so I do not need to butter or spray a pan with cooking spray, just preheat the griddle and I'm good to go.

Pour about 1/4 cup of batter onto griddle and spread into desired shape. When bubbles appear on surface and begin to pop, turn over and cook other side. Repeat until all batter is used.

I have doubled this recipe because our family of 5 loves pancakes. I usually have 3 or 4 leftover. I am going to freeze these and see how well they hold up! I'll update and let you know if it was a success.

Powered by
Plan To Eat

No comments:

Post a Comment