Friday, August 7, 2015

All the Drywall Hung (A House Update)

The crew that worked on the house yesterday really worked hard! They were already working (hanging the drywall) when I walked down to the house yesterday morning at around 9. And they were still working (on the outside of the house) when I walked back down to the house at around 6 in the evening.

Already working at 9:00 a.m.
A peak into my office (through the window)
Since the guys were working on the outside of the house (getting it ready for the stucco -which I am praying they do today) I asked if I could "sneak" into the house and get some pictures. They were very nice and told me to go right ahead!

Dream Kitchen
 This is the future home of my dream kitchen! The doorway to the left leads into the master bedroom (you can see my nook in the hallway). The doorway in the back of the kitchen leads to the pantry, the laundry room, and the dining room. I took this picture standing in the family room (you can see the BIG arch on the right).

Looking toward the front door
 Standing in the family room looking through the house toward the front door. You can see just a tiny bit of the dining room on your left.

Andrew's room
 I took this picture standing in the closet in Andrew's room. It does not really do a very good job of showing the space in the room so I will have to try and get a better picture next time I'm down at the house.

Tyler's room
 Here is Tyler's room. Tyler has the longest closet and Andrew has the deepest.

The theater room
 This is going to be our theater room. The boys are more excited about this room than they are their own bedrooms.

The master bedroom
 And here is the master bedroom. Again this picture does not do it justice. I think it is much larger than it appears in this picture.

The master bathroom
 The soaker tub and the walk-in shower!

Another view of the kitchen
 This is another picture of my kitchen (my favorite room). You can see a small bit of the pantry on the left and the laundry room room straight back that leads out to the garage. The sliver of a door on the right leads out into the hallway that connects the front of the house to the back of the house.

I know the drywall still has to be taped and sealed (not sure if that is what it is actually called) and then sanded down. I do not know how long that takes nor if they are going to be working on that today or not. I guess today will be a surprise day and I will find out tonight what actually was done. 

2 comments:

  1. Wow... Your home is coming together just fine. What a difference a day makes ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our work crews have been amazing! They stay until the job is done (or until they have to leave as per our city code - no working past 9:00 p.m.). And our Project Manager is the best. We feel like God has sent the right people to manage and build our home.

      Delete