Friday, August 28, 2015

Homemade Fettuccine Alfredo with Shrimp

Andrew's final meal of the day was a variation of the same meal he requests every year.

Fettuccine Alfredo!

I have made just plain Fettuccine Alfredo and I have added chicken to it too in years past. But this year he asked me to make it with Lobster (the kid has good taste I'll give him that) and as much as it broke my heart I told him that this year it was just not in the budget. I am praying that I will be able to deliver next year. I just happened to luck out on my Aldi's shopping trip though because they had shrimp on sale and so I grabbed two bags and we had Fettuccine Alfredo with Shrimp.

Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo

Print Recipe

Fettuccine Alfredo


Course: Main Course

Ingredients

  • 1 box fettuccine noodles
  • 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
  • 1 12 cups half & half
  • 1 12 cups Parmesan cheese fresh shredded

Directions

Cook the fettuccine according to the package directions.
Melt the butter on low heat in a medium-sauce pan. Once butter is melted add the half and half to the butter and stir. Add about 1 cup of the cheese and let melt (mine did not melt all the way until I added it to the hot pasta).
Once the pasta is done cooking, drain and add back to the pan. Pour butter mixture over pasta and stir. Adding more cheese if desired.
Season with salt and pepper and serve.
If I have any leftover Parmesan cheese I will sprinkle it over the pasta right before I serve it.

Powered by
Plan To Eat

The Verdict:
 This is a really good recipe for Fettuccine Alfredo. It tastes amazing and is fairly simple and quick to prepare. It however is not a cheap pasta dish as the cheese is expensive where I live. But I have been able to find it at Aldi's which does allow me to save some money.

I do have Alfredo recipes that I like more than this one (and I will be sharing those later) but this is my simplest one and also probably the least expensive one too.

I served this with Homemade French Bread

No comments:

Post a Comment