Saturday, August 1, 2015

Breaded Chicken and Parsley Potatoes

I decided to try a new chicken recipe last week. I had some boneless skinless chicken breasts and thighs that I needed to use up. I would normally make Amish Baked Chicken but I tried that once with boneless skinless chicken and it just was not as good (it was still good just not as good).

Breaded Chicken and Parsley Potatoes

Print Recipe

Breaded Chicken & Parsley Potatoes


Ingredients

  • 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
  • 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
  • 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 2 eggs beaten
  • 1 cup milk
  • olive oil
  •  
  • PARSLEY POTATOES
  • 6 russet potatoes (can substitute with red potatoes)
  • 5 tablespoons butter
  • 1 tablespoon parsley dried
  • 1 teaspoon garlic salt
  • 1 teaspoon onion salt

Directions

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9×13 pan with cooking spray.

Mix breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese in a shallow bowl (I use a glass pie plate whenever I am breading anything). Beat egg and milk together in another shallow bowl. Dip each piece of chicken into the egg mixture then coat with bread crumbs and place into the prepared 9×13 pan.
 
Drizzle breaded chicken breasts with olive oil and bake at 350 for approx 45 minutes or until golden brown.

Parsley Potatoes:
 
Fill large sauce pan with water and bring to a boil.
 
Wash potatoes thoroughly, then dice into about 1-inch pieces and place in boiling water. Cook approximately 15 minutes or until tender. Drain water.
 
Meanwhile, melt butter in saute pan on low. Add garlic salt, onion salt and parsley. (Can add more or less of any ingredient to taste)
 
Stir cooked potatoes into butter mixture until coated well and serve!

Powered by
Plan To Eat

The Verdict: The chicken was good and I will make it again. I liked how simple the recipe was and that I always have the ingredients in my kitchen so this is something I can make anytime I have boneless chicken thawed. Everyone LOVED the potatoes and so I will be making those over and over. They were very simple to make and again I always have those ingredients on hand. Next time I am going to make them with red potatoes though and see how they turn out.

No comments:

Post a Comment