Monday, August 17, 2015

Goals for the Week of August 17

I seriously need some accountability around here! With the stress of the new house financing and just life in general things have gotten slightly out of hand. So I sat down last night and made a list of 10 things I want/need to get done this week. There are about 90 more things that should be on my list but if I can accomplish these then I will be in much better shape next week to tackle more!


  1. Pack up the dining room. I want to get everything except the table and chairs in this room ready to move. I am thinking I may move the table and chairs to another room (or even have Micah take them apart and get them ready to move) and start using this room as a place for packed boxes and totes to go. Still thinking about that but I want to go ahead and have the room ready if I do decide to do that. 
  2. Menu planned, grocery list made, shopping done. I really need to get this done today! So this is going to be my main focus for Monday this and the kid's schoolwork.
  3. All laundry washed/dried/folded/and put away. I did not get all of the laundry done last week (like I said things have gotten a little out of control around here) and so this is a must for this week. I will work on finishing up last week's laundry today. Whites, towels, and reds. Then tomorrow I will start on this week's laundry. My goal is to have it all done by Friday. 
  4. Morning Routine done everyday. Shower/dressed/bed made/kitchen cleaned/laundry started. My goal is to have my morning routine done by Noon. I know that it should be done no later than 9:00 a.m but I am trying to give myself some grace and also I don't want to set myself up for failure. So I'm giving myself till Noon to get it done but I am aiming for 9. 
  5.  Cook dinner every night! No going out to eat! No fast food! And no Take-Out! And that is why menu and shopping are my priority today! 
  6. Work on my planner for after we move into the house. This is going to be a little tricky since I don't know the exact close date yet but I am hoping that making plans and putting things in my planner will help with my stress about the financing. I am making these plans in Faith that God will work it all out! 
  7. Make our PM a loaf of homemade bread. I actually made him a loaf on Friday but he left early and so I missed him. Good news we had extra bread which came in handy Sunday night for a quick dinner of sandwiches and chips. 
  8. Purge and organize Tyler's room/my office. I may even try to start packing this area up. I'm not sure on that though because I don't really have anywhere to put the boxes (unless we go ahead and take the dining room table apart). Still pondering this one! 
  9. List 10 things on Ebay. I have a TON of homeschool stuff that I need to get rid of! I don't want to move it to the new house. However, I am a little nervous to add another thing to my very LONG to do list. But I am going to do my best!
  10. School every day with Andrew and Delaney! Also have next weeks school stuff ready to go before Monday morning! 

I think I have a good mix of daily things that need to be done NO MATTER WHAT and some projects that will make the next few weeks before our move run more smoothly. I will keep you updated on how I'm doing throughout the week and if you have some goals that you are trying to accomplish let me know so that I can cheer you on too!

2 comments:

  1. I love that you give yourself Grace. I need to work on that. This week I have to clean my kitchen, make dinner every night, and clean out the dresser drawers and closets of all my children (I have 4. A 15 yo, 11 yo, & 2 yo twins). These lists seem daunting but we can both get things accomplished if we set our minds too it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am working on the grace! Looks like we are both trying to cook dinner every night (which of course leads to cleaning up the kitchen)! I seriously need to clean out closets and dressers too but I keep telling myself I will clean them out when I pack up their rooms. I hope that I actually do that and not like last time we moved where I simply dumped the drawers into open boxes!
      Thanks for the encouragement and the comment! Let me know how you do on your list!

      Delete