Tuesday, August 4, 2015

The Start of Week 6 (New House Update)

WEEK 6! I cannot believe it! If we stay on track (I'm okay with being done earlier but not later) we are 52 days from closing! Excited does not even begin to describe how I feel!

We started week 6 by going down to the house and writing scriptures (that have meaning to our lives) on the door frames and the posts of the house. This was quite emotional and so far has been THE BIGGEST BLESSING of building our house from scratch. Seeing everything done from the ground up (literally) has been exciting. And picking out the floor plan and the tile and all those extras has been wonderful. But going into our home and writing the Word of God on posts and door frames has been AMAZING! When I think that every time one of my children walks into their bedroom they will be walking underneath a promise from God or every time someone steps into our home they will quite literally be stepping inside a home with the Word written on it's foundations makes my eyes tear-up and my heart leap!

The post of the front door 
 Joshua 24:15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

The door frame above my office
 Psalm 34:18 The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit. (This is our Darin scripture and I plan on decorating my office with all my boy angel things).

Tyler's door frame
 Isaiah 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

Andrew's door frame 
 Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Post in the kitchen/dining room
Luke 12:29-31 And seek not ye what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink, neither be ye of doubtful mind. For all these things do the nations of the world seek after: and your Father knoweth that ye have need of these things. But rather seek ye the kingdom of God; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Delaney's door frame
Deuteronomy 31:8 And the LORD, he it is that doth go before thee; he will be with thee, he will not fail thee, neither forsake thee: fear not, neither be dismayed.


Master bedroom door frame
Matthew 19:6 Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.

Post of the arch leading into the family room
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

Other post on the arch leading into the family room
Proverbs 10:22 The blessing of the LORD, it maketh rich, and he addeth no sorrow with it.

The plans for week 6 are to have the roof shingled and the drywall installed. The weather is not cooperating with us as of now and so everything is on hold until the roofers have a day without rain. 


Linked Up:
Titu 2sday

6 comments:

  1. I love what you and your family have done. God is so good and he is worthy to be praised. May God bless you all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Wendolyn. We truly feel very blessed. This house is an answer to many prayers and much fasting.
      Thank you again for your kind words.

      Delete
  2. Praying and fasting is the life line for us believers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! As I said this has been the most meaningful part of our new house thus far. It just makes me smile every time I think about it!

      Delete