Thursday, August 13, 2015

Trim Started and a Financing Issue

Things are going great down at the house! Our PM is amazing and probably one of the most patient and understanding people I have ever met. He met with me down at house yesterday and did a quick walk-through to put my mind at ease with all of the very little things that I saw that were worrying me (paint on electrical wires, drywall that was damaged, and a missing light switch). All things that he of course knew about or that really were not going to matter in the end. But he took time out (time he probably does not really have) to address each and every one of my concerns and reassure me that things were going along just as they should!

They stared on our trim yesterday, installing doors and baseboards. They don't install all the baseboards at first, just the ones in areas that are carpeted. They also put in our wooden window sills (which is a new feature that has been added to the Port Royal).


Trim package
 When I went down to the house around 9 in the morning this is what was still in the garage! The guys must have been there bright and early working hard!

Baseboards added
 I love my baseboards!
Closet doors and trim
The closet doors have been installed too. They still have to be painted but they are in and they look great!

They are supposed to start painting today. Painting usually takes 2 to 3 days so that is how we will finish out the week. And then starting next week we should see flooring and cabinets and the outside of the house painted too!

I debated weather or not to share this next part with you all but I am wanting to keep this blog "REAL". Also I know without DOUBT that God is going to work this out so I am going to go ahead and share so that when He does He gets all the PRAISE! 

We did all the things that the mortgage company required us to do - paid off accounts, closed accounts, reaffirmed debts, and saved up our closing cost money. Once we had met the conditions of our loan they resubmitted to underwriting for final closing approval and guess what? Our credit score took a hit (umm yeah even I knew that closing accounts lowers your credit score). SO we had to pay our one and only credit card balance down and get a credit reference letter from them faxed over to our mortgage company so that they could do a rapid re-score and see if that helps our numbers. If it does not then we will have to buy a point (another 2,000 dollars due at closing) and our house payment will go up about 50 dollars a month. As of right now, this is NOT doable on our part. So, I don't know what we will do. We might have to go with another lender! But we are keeping the faith and trusting God that He will work it out. I mean He has worked everything else out up to now so I am going to assume that He will continue to do so!

42 days (according to our schedule)

2 comments:

  1. God is on you and your families side. I know that he promised us in his word, that he has never seen the righteous forsaken nor begging bread. Keep trusting in our Heavenly Father. He has a plan for you and your family. God Bless

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for these words. I really needed to hear them this morning! I am thanking God for the provision that I know He is going to provide and trusting that He will work all things together for our good. Thank you again for taking the time to speak faith and hope into my life!

      Delete