Wednesday, August 5, 2015

The Roof is Shingled (A New House Update)

After being delayed for over a week (and actually bringing the progress of the house to a standstill for a day) they completed the roof yesterday!

They worked ALL DAY. When I went down to the house at 8:00 in the morning they were already there and working.

Eight in the morning
 When I went back down at around Noon they were still up on the roof nailing down the shingles.

Around Noon
 It was very hot out yesterday (after all it is Florida in August) and I'm sure that it felt even hotter up on that roof with no shade so I really appreciated how hard those guys were working trying to get it done in just one day.

Have I told you that I love my house!
 I love my roof! I think the next thing that will be done (to the outside) is the stucco texture. Most of the work is now going to be focused on the inside of the house.

Again I wonder if they are racing to the top
 Getting the shingles on the roof allows for our insulation inspection to be completed and drywall to be installed. Without the shingles the roof is not 100% water-proof so drywall could not be started.

Shingles finished
 When I went back down to the house at almost 8:00 in the evening the guys were just cleaning up from the day and the roof was DONE!

Starting to look like a home
We passed our insulation inspection!

I am so excited for drywall to be started today! Our PM has told us that drywall usually takes about a week (but you know I'm hoping that it does not take that long) and then they will be installing trim. I am so thankful that things are moving along again. Everyday that they are working is one day closer to us being able to move into our dream home!

No comments:

Post a Comment